There’s been no lack of cyber attacks and data breaches affecting governments and big-name businesses this year. Hacking of SONY, JPMorgan Chase, Home Depot, and eBay might grab the headlines, but hackers are inflicting plenty of serious damage to other businesses as well.
More than half of companies experienced a data breach last year, and most experienced multiple breaches, according to the Ponemon Institute. The average cost to a business for a data breach rose 15 percent to $3.5 million, according to the Hartford. The average cost per lost or stolen record is $145, an increase of 9 percent from last year. These costs include expenses for digital forensics, fines, credit monitoring and identity restoration, crisis management and attorney fees. Notification to those affected by the breach is also a significant cost, averaging more than $500,000.
Cyber criminals know that businesses generally lack the resources to protect against attacks and make for easy prey. Fortunately, businesses are starting to pay attention. There’s an increase in acceptance of the role technology plays in their business and the vulnerability that presents.
Cyber Security is becoming a faster and a more sophisticated market and Cyber Security Conference will allow attendees to analyse the latest defenses with regards to Malware, Data Loss Protection, Password Security, Critical Infrastructure, Digital Forensics, Data Recovery and Data Retrieving.
Our programs offer an incredible breadth of content, bringing you speakers from diverse fields, all of whom have one objective in mind: To help you lead more effectively so as to meet the challenges of today’s cyber security environment.
Take advantage of our value proposition
1. AN OPPORTUNITY FOR PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL GROWTH
2. AN UNPARALLELED, DIVERSE ROSTER OF WORLD CLASS BUSINESS THOUGHT LEADERS
3. TODAY’S MOST RELEVANT CYBER SECURITY TOPICS AND TRENDS
4. PRACTICAL IDEAS TO HELP YOU PREPARE YOUR ORGANIZATION
5. A SPUR FOR YOU TO CHALLENGE YOUR CURRENT BUSINESS AND LEADERSHIP PRACTICES
6. A BLEND OF REAL WORLD, HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE, WITH RIGOROUS ACADEMIC ANALYSIS
7. PEER-TO-PEER NETWORKING WITH SENIOR EXECUTIVES
8. A SPACE TO REFLECT, REFRESH, RETHINK AND ENJOY
– How can the monitoring and reporting of cyber incidences be improved both internally and internationally?
– How can the “next generation” of cyber attacks and the threat of zero-day attacks be mitigated?
– What are the security challenges associated with moving sensitive data and system to the Cloud?
Personally and professionally I believe everyone walked away with great information and tools to improve their disaster plans.Jim Thomson, Sr.,
Your conference was fundamental in improving our understanding of what it really takes to set up a disaster plan. In particular, it was great to see that the speakers took the time to answer all of my questions and concerns.Frank Martin,
Questions, issues or concerns? I'd love to help you!